Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad is disabled

my daughter tried to use the iPad and put in the wrong passcode too many times. now it is disabled and says connect to iTunes. I connect with a usb and nothing happens. any ideas

?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 10:37 AM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2021 10:41 AM in response to mboland94

If your iPad is disabled, or you have forgotten your iPad passcode, you’ll need to follow this process:

If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS). If your iPad is not recognised by your computer when connected, this support page may be helpful with troubleshooting:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

You may also need your AppleID and associated password. If these have also been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

Unless you AppleID account has not been fully/correctly configured, or has been seriously neglected, recovery of the AppleID and password should not be difficult.

More information about recovery of your AppleID:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

More information about recovery of your AppleID password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

When you recover access to your credentials, you would be well advised to log-in to your AppleID account from a web browser - and verify/update any email addresses and trusted telephone numbers:

https://appleid.apple.com

my iPad is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.