Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon PIXMA MX922 drivers for Big Sur 11.2 updat

Canon PIXMA MX922 drivers for Big Sur 11.2 update. Thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 12:52 PM

Provided you use the MX922 as either a wireless, or wired device, it is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers, and you will not need Canon dependency again.

With the device networked, and powered, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, and right-click on the MX922's Printers entry — choosing Reset printing system… from the secondary menu. This will allow you to re-add the MX922 with an AirPrint driver instead of Canon drivers and should get you up and. printing upon re-adding the device.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Mac Z06

Provided you use the MX922 as either a wireless, or wired device, it is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers, and you will not need Canon dependency again.

With the device networked, and powered, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, and right-click on the MX922's Printers entry — choosing Reset printing system… from the secondary menu. This will allow you to re-add the MX922 with an AirPrint driver instead of Canon drivers and should get you up and. printing upon re-adding the device.

Feb 3, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Tesserax

Tesserax, in early January 2021 I sent both an email and text to Canon support, there has not been a response. I sent the same email in mid to late January and no response. This is my last Canon printer will change to HP. Thank you Tesserax.

If anyone else knows of print and scan drivers for. the MX 922 would be appreciated.

Canon PIXMA MX922 drivers for Big Sur 11.2 updat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.