You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System software from developer "Apple Inc" has been updated - In Security Prefs

This morning, I was prompted that software (not sure if it was an extension) was blocked from "Apple Inc". I clicked off of the notification and looked in the Security & Privacy pref. Big Sur 11.1 (still have not yet updated). This is currently not a managed machine (software is not being pushed from a management solution). I do have Xcode installed but pending an update and I added Disk Utility to the "Full Disk Access" group while on an Apple support call. Just seems odd that "Apple Inc" would be blocking "Apple Inc." (not "Apple, Inc."). Seems as if that would be only for unsigned software. I know the Big Sur is more restrictive/secure, but it seems like it would trust itself. A bad time for Applecare to run out.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 11:18 AM

5 replies

System software from developer "Apple Inc" has been updated - In Security Prefs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.