Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPod with activation lock, the iPod is mine but I forgot the Apple ID email and password, what should I do?

How to get past activation lock with absolutely no clue of the Apple ID or password

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:29 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2021 8:49 PM in response to cptserious

cptserious wrote:

I have this same issue. I tried getting the user ID through @bobjbkln suggestions but none of the information I entered was correct. The iPod I have was my son's old iPod that we got him almost 5 years ago now. It was associated with an email address he deleted because he moved to another platform and he does not remember it nor does he remember what first/last name he used. I know the story seems sketch but it is what it is. I understand Apple's commitment to security and it is clearly showing but if I completely wipe the iPod using iTunes then why would this lock still be applicable. None of my data is still on the device.

Because it is designed to discourage theft of an expensive device. Not being able to use (or resell) a stolen iPod removes the incentive to steal it. If a thief could just reset and use the stolen device, it would be a tempting theft target.

Note that if you happen to have the original purchase receipt, Apple may be able to help you. Also maybe there is something helpful here: How to remove Activation Lock https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

Feb 3, 2021 8:28 PM in response to braden269

I have this same issue. I tried getting the user ID through @bobjbkln suggestions but none of the information I entered was correct. The iPod I have was my son's old iPod that we got him almost 5 years ago now. It was associated with an email address he deleted because he moved to another platform and he does not remember it nor does he remember what first/last name he used. I know the story seems sketch but it is what it is. I understand Apple's commitment to security and it is clearly showing but if I completely wipe the iPod using iTunes then why would this lock still be applicable. None of my data is still on the device.

I have an old iPod with activation lock, the iPod is mine but I forgot the Apple ID email and password, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.