Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Identification

I have what I assume is a 5th Generation Ipod. If I compare data to Apple's release dates, model, and serial numbers it does not match. A U2 Special Edition Model 1136 was released in June 2006. The 5th Generation Ipod Model1238 was released in September 2006. What if mine is an 80GB with video Ipod dated June 2006 Model 1136 and Serial number ends V9P?

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 4:04 AM

See Identify your iPod model - Apple Support. It would appear to be a 5th generation model from the end of the serial number.

tt2

5 replies

Feb 4, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Shanev1

Any apparent discrepancies between the serial no. of your device and Apple's published advice on device identification shouldn't have any practical implications for using your iPod, which was all I was talking about when suggesting it didn't matter. I'm not dismissing your curiosity at all, just letting you know that as a fellow user I have no further insight to give you.

You can try the website https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/ to see if that provides you with any more information about your device's serial number

tt2

Ipod Identification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.