Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bigsur photos

I cannot modified ou export or drag on desk some photos in photo library

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 3:19 AM

Thank U leonie for your so quick response. I think you have identified the problem which bothered me and the apple support for so long. Replying to your message :

a) same error message wether I drag, modify, move to a file etc

b) the message (in french) is like "export operation unsuccessful, error message (0)"

c) I repaired the library : same thing

d) I tried to use a copy on external disk of the library idem

e) my library is in "User/Alain/pictures/library

f) I tried a search by name with no success BUT may be I didn't do the right search : I search by name using the "magnifier glass". Not sur that was what U meant !

AND YES I used a duplicate cleaner !

I used Gemini II and that may be the source of the problem ! your are the first to have pointed to this possible explanation. Which does not open the door for a restauration. Would you think that Time Machine would help ? if note apart from making screen copy, one by one, (what a night mare !).

Dear Leonie, congratulations for your help ! You are super !

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 3:19 AM in response to léonie

Thank U leonie for your so quick response. I think you have identified the problem which bothered me and the apple support for so long. Replying to your message :

a) same error message wether I drag, modify, move to a file etc

b) the message (in french) is like "export operation unsuccessful, error message (0)"

c) I repaired the library : same thing

d) I tried to use a copy on external disk of the library idem

e) my library is in "User/Alain/pictures/library

f) I tried a search by name with no success BUT may be I didn't do the right search : I search by name using the "magnifier glass". Not sur that was what U meant !

AND YES I used a duplicate cleaner !

I used Gemini II and that may be the source of the problem ! your are the first to have pointed to this possible explanation. Which does not open the door for a restauration. Would you think that Time Machine would help ? if note apart from making screen copy, one by one, (what a night mare !).

Dear Leonie, congratulations for your help ! You are super !

Feb 4, 2021 4:18 AM in response to alainfromsars

Are you getting any error message, when you try to export to drag? If yes, what is the message?

Can you export to a different folder (not your Desktop)?

Where is your Photos Library stored? Are you using iCloud Photos?

The original image files of the photos may be missing or your library may be damaged.

Have the images been imported as "referenced", meaning, with the "Photos > Preferences > General > Importing: Copy items into the Photos Library" disabled? If the photos have been imported as referenced, you may need to find the original image files. Look ate the filenames of the problematic image files in the Info of the image and search for them.

The same problem could appear after using cleaning application to remove duplicates from your Photos Library. Have you been using a duplicate detector? If yes, which one? Not all of them are safe to use and can damage the Photos Library.

bigsur photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.