Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing mail between Mac and iPhone

I currently use mail for several accounts on my iPhone, none of which are an iCloud email account. I've never had it synced with my Mac but decided to do so today. Turning on iCloud for mail on either device prompts me to create an iCloud account, which I don't want to do (and even if I do try to create one, it just gives an error) - I just want to sync my existing email accounts between devices. Has anyone had this problem and know of a solution? Thank you.

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 8:43 AM

hyruled wrote:

I currently use mail for several accounts on my iPhone, none of which are an iCloud email account. I've never had it synced with my Mac but decided to do so today. Turning on iCloud for mail on either device prompts me to create an iCloud account, which I don't want to do (and even if I do try to create one, it just gives an error) - I just want to sync my existing email accounts between devices. Has anyone had this problem and know of a solution? Thank you.

iCloud can only sync it's own Mail.

The Mail app on a Mac can do this for you.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2021 8:43 AM in response to hyruled

hyruled wrote:

iCloud can only sync it's own Mail.

The Mail app on a Mac can do this for you.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

Syncing mail between Mac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.