Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifting MacBook Pro 2012 to daughter who has her own AppleId

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) that I want to remove from my AppleID and gift it to my daughter who has her own AppleID. I did all of the steps that I found in the community but can’t seem to figure out how to remove my AppleID so we can put in my daughters. Please help.

Thank you,

Lisa

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 2:28 PM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2021 3:06 PM in response to leapmtl

Did you read this already?

Other macOS installation options

By default, macOS Recovery installs the latest macOS that was previously installed on your Mac.* You can get other macOS versions using one of these methods:

• On an Intel-based Mac, you can use Option-Command-R at startup to upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac. Exceptions:
    • If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later was never previously installed, you will receive the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. 
    • If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, you will receive the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
  • On an Intel-based Mac that previously used macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later, you can use Shift-Option-Command-R at startup to install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. 
  • Reinstall macOS from the App Store instead of using macOS Recovery. If you can't install the latest macOS, you might be able to install an earlier macOS.
  • Create a bootable installer, then use it to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.

Feb 4, 2021 2:58 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thank you but those are the instructions I followed. It is just that I am unable to do the last step “Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS”. I clicked on the link to and followed the instructions but in the Disk Utility where it says to chose Macintosh HD and then click on Erase, my Erase is greyed out and I can’t do anything else.

Gifting MacBook Pro 2012 to daughter who has her own AppleId

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.