Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller ID function

I have the iPhone 12. I disabled the show caller iD and then enabled it. It still shows to callers that my number shows up as private. I’ve rebooted my phone but even with it being enabled to show my caller ID, it still shows as private to the caller

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 12:02 AM

12Reeder Said:

"Caller ID function: I have the iPhone 12. I disabled the show caller iD and then enabled it. It still shows to callers that my number shows up as private. I’ve rebooted my phone but even with it being enabled to show my caller ID, it still shows as private to the caller"

-------

Contact your Carrier:

Ask your cellular carrier if your phone number is set up to be unrecognized by others. It is likely a service that is of extra fee, and many use it for privacy matters. So, ask them if this is part of the cellular plan you have set up with them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 12:02 AM in response to 12Reeder

12Reeder Said:

"Caller ID function: I have the iPhone 12. I disabled the show caller iD and then enabled it. It still shows to callers that my number shows up as private. I’ve rebooted my phone but even with it being enabled to show my caller ID, it still shows as private to the caller"

-------

Contact your Carrier:

Ask your cellular carrier if your phone number is set up to be unrecognized by others. It is likely a service that is of extra fee, and many use it for privacy matters. So, ask them if this is part of the cellular plan you have set up with them.

Caller ID function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.