Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud email is sending spam to my gmail account

I received 3 identical spam emails from my iCloud email to my gmail account. It was “have you heard about Scanner?” And body has here is a link to it in the App Store. It is indeed an app, but I did not click the link. What do you think is happening?

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Greetings, orilady!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're receiving spam emails on your Gmail account from your iCloud account. We suggest checking out this article to Change your Apple ID password and update the password being used for iCloud and your Apple ID.

We also suggest checking out this article to Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams for additional steps to take for issues with spam emails you might be receiving.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 2:25 PM in response to orilady

Greetings, orilady!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're receiving spam emails on your Gmail account from your iCloud account. We suggest checking out this article to Change your Apple ID password and update the password being used for iCloud and your Apple ID.

We also suggest checking out this article to Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams for additional steps to take for issues with spam emails you might be receiving.

Take care!

My iCloud email is sending spam to my gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.