Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad mini keeps turning off even when battery status is at 50 percent. Does it need replacement battery?

is there a fix for the iPad turning off asking for charge even when over 50 percent.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 4:13 AM

You might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic. Alternatively, if you take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store, the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate contact, or raise a support case, using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 4:13 AM in response to Gsxr750r

You might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic. Alternatively, if you take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store, the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate contact, or raise a support case, using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Feb 5, 2021 7:02 AM in response to MichelPM

Always happy to share the benefit of knowledge with those receptive to it. 🙂

The Apple Support App has been available for many years - and provides a direct gateway into help and many support services. The App is frequently updated.

For iOS/iPadOS13 and later, if the Apple Support App is not already installed, there is also a direct link to it from Settings:

Settings > General > About > [ ... Coverage ...] > [Get Repair or Support] Get Apple Support App

Once the Apple Support App is installed, the dynamic link updates to the the Support App itself.

Feb 5, 2021 10:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for you quick response, the app gave a few helpful tips on battery management which I don’t think will help with ( the issue I have and there doesn’t seem to be a shop in my area to take the iPad for them to look at it (although I suspect it’s not listed if closed with the local COVID lock down). Will look again when restrictions are lifted, thanks again.

IPad mini keeps turning off even when battery status is at 50 percent. Does it need replacement battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.