Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app on iPhone - issues with cursor jumping to last page when editing previous pages

Hello,

I have been using the pages app on my iPhone to write a book using the blank template and I’m having trouble when editing previous pages.

I scroll up and tap on a line to edit it and then get sent straight back down to the last page and have to scroll up again to get back to where I want to edit.

Is there anyway I can tap on a previous page to edit and it not jump to the last page?

thank you in advance 👍

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 10:50 AM

Hi Smileychops,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As we understand, you are trying to insert the cursor inside Pages but it immediately sends you back to the last page.

Have you tried the method described here to move the cursor: Type with the onscreen keyboard on iPhone.

"Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad

1. Touch and hold the Space bar with one finger until the keyboard turns light gray.
  2. Move the insertion point by dragging around the keyboard.
  3. To select text with handles, continue touching and holding the keyboard until handles appear on the insertion point, then move your fingers.
  4. To use the trackpad to move the insertion point, drag the insertion point to a new location before handles appear."

If that still doesn't produce the result you want, when is the last time you restarted your iPhone? Restart your iPhone.

You can even try deleting and downloading Pages again: Remove apps from iPhone.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Smileychops

Hi Smileychops,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As we understand, you are trying to insert the cursor inside Pages but it immediately sends you back to the last page.

Have you tried the method described here to move the cursor: Type with the onscreen keyboard on iPhone.

"Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad

1. Touch and hold the Space bar with one finger until the keyboard turns light gray.
  2. Move the insertion point by dragging around the keyboard.
  3. To select text with handles, continue touching and holding the keyboard until handles appear on the insertion point, then move your fingers.
  4. To use the trackpad to move the insertion point, drag the insertion point to a new location before handles appear."

If that still doesn't produce the result you want, when is the last time you restarted your iPhone? Restart your iPhone.

You can even try deleting and downloading Pages again: Remove apps from iPhone.

Have a fantastic day!

Feb 7, 2021 12:39 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Thank you Michael,

holding my finger on the space bar has worked! I can drag the cursor up from there to a page I want to edit and not have it jump back to the final page. Thank you very much 👍

Ps. I’m not sure what you mean by “handles” but not to worry. I can edit previous pages without having to frustratedly swipe down to find the page for a second time.

thanks again

Pages app on iPhone - issues with cursor jumping to last page when editing previous pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.