Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I convert PDF to pages

Hi.

Need to convert a PDF file to Pages.

Lots of apps so I need the best simple easy one for macOS BigSur ver

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 7:51 AM

PDF is in an end-file format, not a word processing document, and there is no PDF to Pages converter that actually generates a result that won't cost you many hours in fixing the significant document formatting problems. Automator has a PDF to RTF extractor, but say goodbye to any original PDF formatting.

If you have access to MS Word v16.31 or later on Mac, it can open a PDF and convert it to Word .docx format, and then open that Word document in Pages. I haven't done this, so it too may be an abomination.

Adobe has a paid service available from within their free Acrobat Reader DC application that can convert PDF to Word documents. Since they invented the PDF spec, likely the best conversion to Word would come from them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 7:51 AM in response to rony-z

PDF is in an end-file format, not a word processing document, and there is no PDF to Pages converter that actually generates a result that won't cost you many hours in fixing the significant document formatting problems. Automator has a PDF to RTF extractor, but say goodbye to any original PDF formatting.

If you have access to MS Word v16.31 or later on Mac, it can open a PDF and convert it to Word .docx format, and then open that Word document in Pages. I haven't done this, so it too may be an abomination.

Adobe has a paid service available from within their free Acrobat Reader DC application that can convert PDF to Word documents. Since they invented the PDF spec, likely the best conversion to Word would come from them.

How can I convert PDF to pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.