Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share Option Doen't Show - Apple Music Playlist - iPhone 12

I tried to share a playlist on my iPhone from Apple Music with a friend, however, when I hit the 3 dots I don't have the Share option (only have Edit, Delete from Library, Add to Playlist, Play Next/Last, Love/Suggest

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Hey there RonHad,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to share a playlist with your friend, and we'd be happy to provide you with the best steps.

When you navigate to Library > Playlists and tap on the playlist you want to share, then tap the ... button at the top-right corner, a pop-up window should appear from the bottom of the screen. Try swiping up on that window to uncover more options in that window. If you don't see Share, try tapping Edit Actions at the very bottom of that window. From there, try adding Share to your Favorites by tapping the green + symbol next to the word Share, and hit Done. Are you able to then share that playlist without an issue?

If not, does the Share option fail to show up for any and all playlist you attempt to share, or just certain playlists?

If you try sharing your Apple Music playlist to one of these apps (if you have any installed), does it share without issue?: How to share music to Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

If you have your Apple Music Profile setup, are the friends that are following you, able to see the playlists without issue? See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 8:56 AM in response to RonHad

Hey there RonHad,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to share a playlist with your friend, and we'd be happy to provide you with the best steps.

When you navigate to Library > Playlists and tap on the playlist you want to share, then tap the ... button at the top-right corner, a pop-up window should appear from the bottom of the screen. Try swiping up on that window to uncover more options in that window. If you don't see Share, try tapping Edit Actions at the very bottom of that window. From there, try adding Share to your Favorites by tapping the green + symbol next to the word Share, and hit Done. Are you able to then share that playlist without an issue?

If not, does the Share option fail to show up for any and all playlist you attempt to share, or just certain playlists?

If you try sharing your Apple Music playlist to one of these apps (if you have any installed), does it share without issue?: How to share music to Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

If you have your Apple Music Profile setup, are the friends that are following you, able to see the playlists without issue? See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Take care.

Feb 8, 2021 10:33 AM in response to Chris_V89

Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. The Share option is not there, scrolling down or in Edit Actions. I also tried it using multiple playlists.

Does it matter whether the playlist is made of Apple downloads or my own downloads from CDs I used to own?

Feb 8, 2021 6:01 PM in response to RonHad

RonHad,

Thanks for providing those additional details. Going forward, it is possible that a playlist that includes imported or downloaded music from CDs may not be shareable, as the particular songs may not be available in the Apple Music library.

If you create a playlist using just songs from the Apple Music library and not imported/downloaded songs, does the issue persist?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Share Option Doen't Show - Apple Music Playlist - iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.