Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move the external drive containing my TV app library from my laptop to a Mac Mini? It's over 1000 GB and I really don't want to download it again ($$)

Can you just move a TV Library on an external drive to another computer (i.e. a laptop to a Mini), without having to download it again? I have a VERY large library of iTunes purchased movies and TV seasons and it would seriously impact my data limits and take considerable time.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:23 PM

If both devices are authorized with the same Apple ID account, then it should work.

Similar questions

2 replies

Can I move the external drive containing my TV app library from my laptop to a Mac Mini? It's over 1000 GB and I really don't want to download it again ($$)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.