Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update

I started a software update almost 24 hours ago and it’s still loading. I can’t stop it or turn off my iPad. Help!

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 12:59 PM

Was this an over the air update directly from the iPad? Did you have it connected to wi-fi and plugged into power? You should force restart the iPad, connect it to power and you should be able to either continue the update or start it over. Here is how to force restart your iPad. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support Follow the steps under the heading If your screen is black or frozen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Smitty1958

Was this an over the air update directly from the iPad? Did you have it connected to wi-fi and plugged into power? You should force restart the iPad, connect it to power and you should be able to either continue the update or start it over. Here is how to force restart your iPad. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support Follow the steps under the heading If your screen is black or frozen.

Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.