Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if i dont pay further

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 9:56 PM

What Happens to Data When You Cancel Your iCloud Subscription?

When you cancel your iCloud storage subscription, Apple reduces your account to the free 5 GB. If you have more than 5 GB of data stored in iCloud, Apple usually doesn’t delete it for another 30 days. iCloud, and all the services linked to it, stop working until you reduce your usage to less than 5 GB or buy more storage again. If you don’t do this within 30 days, then Apple starts deleting your iCloud data.

There’s no way to recover it again after that happens.

Axel F.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 9:56 PM in response to ayushchaudhary

What Happens to Data When You Cancel Your iCloud Subscription?

When you cancel your iCloud storage subscription, Apple reduces your account to the free 5 GB. If you have more than 5 GB of data stored in iCloud, Apple usually doesn’t delete it for another 30 days. iCloud, and all the services linked to it, stop working until you reduce your usage to less than 5 GB or buy more storage again. If you don’t do this within 30 days, then Apple starts deleting your iCloud data.

There’s no way to recover it again after that happens.

Axel F.

Feb 6, 2021 7:35 AM in response to ayushchaudhary

ayushchaudhary wrote:

if i dont pay further then the data which i backed up is saved or not?

Your storage reverts to 5GB.

If iCloud did what you wanted or hoped it would do here—keep and save your data past 5 GB—there’d be less of a reason to continue to pay for iCloud. Apple wouldn’t be collecting 💴, while still storing your data. That’s not gonna happen.

Click on the following for some reading about how to manage this:

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2021 9:35 AM in response to ayushchaudhary

ayushchaudhary wrote:

if i put my iphone on charging for whole night and battery reached 100% , and still the charger plugged in my phone then
is it harmfull??

No.

While I’m sure you can find folks that can or will claim that anything is harmful, approximately a billion folks do just what you are doing; plugging in their iPhone or iPad overnight. As part of the charging logic used to extend battery life, you’ll see notices about the iPhone timing the full charge to your normal usage times, too.

Here is some technical info directly from the folks that work at Apple:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple — Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Read through that, read about and read through the links embedded in that article.

And as suggested above, please start your own thread for your own new question, as mixed threads do tend to get confusing.

Mar 3, 2021 6:51 AM in response to ayushchaudhary

ayushchaudhary wrote:

if my phone was stolen then the data that stored in it is save with apple id or the person who will use my phone , could he see my data with his new id

This’d be better in its own thread, as it’s not related to the original post in this thread and mixed-questions threads tend to get me confused.

What to do about the possibility of data loss or data exposure?

Pick a robust passcode or password then, as that is what encrypts your data against unauthorized access.

Face ID and Touch ID are a means to avoid having to re-enter your passcode or password as often.

When you don’t have to enter the passcode or password as often, you can use a longer and more robust choice.

Set up iCloud or another backup schedule.

If you have access sensitive or classified or military data, or access to financial data, or controversial or political evidence, or journalistic source materials or such, maybe don’t carry it around with you unnecessarily, or at all. Consider your threats, in other words.

Here is what to do if your iPhone is lost or stolen:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you want to know about the iPhone security details, Apple publishes that:

Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2021 9:51 AM in response to ayushchaudhary

ayushchaudhary wrote:

what if i sign out my apple id and do factory reset(erase all content and setting) and other person login his apple id ; then my data example-messages (sms), photo, contacts etc will come or not on that iphone where my id was logged in??

This thread was about ceasing payments?

If you're transitioning an iPhone or iPad to a new owner, here's how Apple suggests that be done:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is seemingly different from ceasing payments, and also different from considerations for a lost-or-stolen device.

Or are we headed for confusing me, as tends to happen with mixed threads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.