Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 with Aten KVM switch

I am using an ATEN 4k HDMI switch with 2 LG monitors to switch between my work Lenovo Thinkpad and my private Mac Mini M1.

Whenever I switch to Mac I have to reconfigure all display settings, sizing, arrangements etc. Once done the screens work without any issues. But after switching back to the Mac after using the Lenovo, all settings are gone and the screens are not working probably until I do all the configuration again.

Screens are connected via 1x HDMI cable and 1x HDMI to USB C cable.

What can I do to save the settings and avoid the reset at each computer switch .?

Thanks

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 10:41 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Feb 6, 2021 12:03 AM in response to hcsitas

Its a Aten CS1842 2-Port USB 3.0 4K HDMI Dual Display KVMP Switch (2 Port USB3.0 True 4K HDMI 2.0 Dual Display KVMP SW, HDCI 2.2, 2 port USB 3.1 hub.

Once the setting is adjusted, the dual monitor setup works without issues on both Mac Mini and my Lenovo. But when I either switch between the 2 or if the Mac Mini goes to sleep, I need to reconfigure the display settings on the Mac. No issues on my Lenovo

Feb 6, 2021 2:09 AM in response to Forsom

Two HDMI ports, promising. Try this:

Mac mini HDMI port———————-—->HDMI1 LG1

Mac mini TB3 port—USB C to HDMI——->HDMI1LG2

Lenovo——————————————->HDMI2 LG 1&2

Rest of the connections remain on ATEN. Use ATEN to switch keyboard/mouse and LG OSD to switch displays.

Feb 6, 2021 2:37 AM in response to Forsom

That’s puzzling. Try eliminating the ATEN and Lenovo entirely, use both HDMI ports of one monitor to the mini and see if OSD toggle on the LG works perfectly. Don’t instant toggle, say after 15 minutes. The results might point additionally point to the LG. We’ll see where to take it based on that.

Mac Mini M1 with Aten KVM switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.