📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the 200GB iCloud data in Apple one subscription distributed with the members or does each individual member get 200GB

Say I got the family Apple One plan with 200GB.

Would my whole family have to share the 200GB or does each individual member get 200GB iCloud storage?

Also can every member of the family see what is in each others iCloud storage (for example could my sister see what is in my school work folder)

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 3:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 3:47 AM

The total of 200GB is shared amongst the family. Each family members' storage is 'ringfenced' so that only they can see it, though they can elect to share certain items. The sharing isn't evenly divided, but simly depends opn how much data each member has - one member could theoretically try to hog a large part of the amount but the person running the overall account woujd see this and could instruct them not to.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2021 3:47 AM in response to JoshuaWilcox

The total of 200GB is shared amongst the family. Each family members' storage is 'ringfenced' so that only they can see it, though they can elect to share certain items. The sharing isn't evenly divided, but simly depends opn how much data each member has - one member could theoretically try to hog a large part of the amount but the person running the overall account woujd see this and could instruct them not to.

Is the 200GB iCloud data in Apple one subscription distributed with the members or does each individual member get 200GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.