Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

I want to add an Apple Watch to my 02 account. But when I go to buy it, it is asking me to pick a phone number on my account to link the Apple Watch too. But the actual phone number I personally use is not part of my 02 account. Does that mean I can’t link my personal phone number to the watch?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:46 AM

The watch has to be added to your monthly contract as it's an extension of that account;

What happens is you pay an extra monthly fee on your existing phone contract, the watch uses your existing phone number to make calls.In the US it's about $10 per month and about £10 in the UK,that is for the cellular version of the watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 4:46 AM in response to Debbie_Mc

The watch has to be added to your monthly contract as it's an extension of that account;

What happens is you pay an extra monthly fee on your existing phone contract, the watch uses your existing phone number to make calls.In the US it's about $10 per month and about £10 in the UK,that is for the cellular version of the watch.

Feb 6, 2021 4:24 AM in response to Debbie_Mc

The watch and the phone have to have the same network carrier,as the watch uses the phone's number via an Esim built into the watch.

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.