Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancel an App subscription

I accidentally purchased an App and want to cancel it so l'm not getting charged for it every month. I've Googled it to see how to do it, but none of the solutions or instructions work... HELP!

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 12:22 PM

7 replies

Feb 6, 2021 2:11 PM in response to VetteKid

There are a couple of possibilities; first and most likely, a subscription runs to the end of the current period after it is canceled. The other is that the subscription is directly with the app provider and not with Apple. In that case the charge on your card would not say it was from Apple.

Note that if you report it to your credit card customer support Apple will cancel and lock your Apple ID for the iTunes & App Store.

The best course of action is to request a refund→Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support, then contact iTunes & App Store support by using the link at the top of this page and navigating to the appropriate place in the menu.

Feb 6, 2021 3:21 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

It's not an Apple App. It's a game by a company called MobilityWare. I've been in touch with them through email and they haven't responsed with any viable solution.

Thanks for letting me know about the Credit card. It probably won't affect my Apple accounts because it's not an Apple App. I should be able to put a stop to anymore payments to MW.

Cancel an App subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.