Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two apple IDs, one good, one not so good

I have two Apple IDs, both Apple; the older one show compromises in a virus scan. Can I just change to the good email address and then stop using the compromised one?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 6:18 PM

Why do you need to change the good email address? You can't change the address to the email the older ID is using.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

9 replies

Feb 7, 2021 7:03 AM in response to JustJoan R.

I'm still not sure I understand what you want to do. If you want to change the email address of the ID, you can do that. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If you want to change which ID is logged into a particular web site, you have to do that for each web site.

Feb 7, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Eric Root

OK, I’ve now read all through the articles and I think I know the problem. The compromised email address is not an additional ID, it was the original one that became an alias when the “me.com” ID was changed to “icloud.com” when that became the norm. So unless the alias can be deleted I will just not use it anymore. Does this sound right?

Feb 7, 2021 7:56 AM in response to JustJoan R.

Note that if you’d used that older @me.com address on compromised web sites, as long as you’ve changed the password for the sites, and your AppleID, then it is no longer compromised. Those lookup tools for compromised logins show past, known compromised sites. As long as you’ve changed your passwords since the site was compromised, your ID is secure.

Two apple IDs, one good, one not so good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.