Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no "Delete" button when you touch and hold the app that I like to delete from the App Library. How to delete an app with showing no delete button when you touch and hold?

How to delete an app with showing no delete button when you touch and hold? There is no "Delete" button when you touch and hold the app that I like to delete from the App Library.

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 9:47 AM

On my iPhone with iOS 14, if the app is on a Home screen, I can touch and hold the app, tap Remove app and then tap Delete App (or tap Edit Home Screen in the pop up menu, tap the minus sign, then tap Delete App)

If the app is only in the App Library screen, I can tap and hold the app there and then tap Delete app.

Note that some built-in Apple apps cannot be deleted.

If neither of those options is available, there may be a restriction set on deleting apps. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304#prevent-purchases

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Skivvynine

On my iPhone with iOS 14, if the app is on a Home screen, I can touch and hold the app, tap Remove app and then tap Delete App (or tap Edit Home Screen in the pop up menu, tap the minus sign, then tap Delete App)

If the app is only in the App Library screen, I can tap and hold the app there and then tap Delete app.

Note that some built-in Apple apps cannot be deleted.

If neither of those options is available, there may be a restriction set on deleting apps. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304#prevent-purchases

There is no "Delete" button when you touch and hold the app that I like to delete from the App Library. How to delete an app with showing no delete button when you touch and hold?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.