Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alexa & iPhone

I do not have a subscription with Apple Music but I have bought lots of songs and I want to play them with Alexa

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 1:04 PM

According to the "Here’s what you need" section in:

Play Apple Music with Alexa - Apple Support

You need an Apple Music subscription. If you’re not a subscriber, you can join on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on your Android device.

For some reason you can apparently play podcasts with Alexa, but not music you bought without a subscription!?! At the bottom of:

Play Apple Podcasts with Alexa - Apple Support

the link in:

"Take your listening experience further and play Apple Music with Alexa." is broken.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 1:04 PM in response to SandyCastroM

According to the "Here’s what you need" section in:

Play Apple Music with Alexa - Apple Support

You need an Apple Music subscription. If you’re not a subscriber, you can join on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on your Android device.

For some reason you can apparently play podcasts with Alexa, but not music you bought without a subscription!?! At the bottom of:

Play Apple Podcasts with Alexa - Apple Support

the link in:

"Take your listening experience further and play Apple Music with Alexa." is broken.

Alexa & iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.