Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete photos from apple watch

how do you delete photos from apple watch. I cannot update due to storage issue

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 9:47 PM

In the settings for Photos in the Apple Watch app set the limit to 25 photos (no idea why this can't be set to no photos), and select album that contains no photos (I have selected Favorites which I don't use).

Not saying it will help you, Apple screwed this up so much that deleting all media and all 3rd party apps may no longer free up enough space for the update.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 9:47 PM in response to mlogan1960

In the settings for Photos in the Apple Watch app set the limit to 25 photos (no idea why this can't be set to no photos), and select album that contains no photos (I have selected Favorites which I don't use).

Not saying it will help you, Apple screwed this up so much that deleting all media and all 3rd party apps may no longer free up enough space for the update.

Feb 7, 2021 12:04 PM in response to mlogan1960

To remove a photo from Apple Watch, open the Photos app on your iPhone, then remove the image from the album you've synced. To create a new album for Apple Watch photos, use the Photos app on your iPhone.

how to delete photos from apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.