Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Watch 6 series work with giffgaff phone carrier

I want to buy my husband an Apple Watch 6 series for his birthday. His iPhone 12 carrier is giffgaff. I’ve noticed it says the supported carriers for this watch are vodafone, EE and o2. Will this affect how he can use the watch? Sorry I’m very bad with tech!

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 1:06 PM

Only the GPS only version of the watch will work with giffgaff,what this means is that to make calls and send texts you will need to have the phone with you.

Here is the difference;

GPS ONLY

Apple Watch (GPS only) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) has all the same features, as well as built-in cellular. It gives you the freedom to send and receive text messages, answer phone calls, receive notifications, and stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts — even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 1:06 PM in response to Ajehangiri

Only the GPS only version of the watch will work with giffgaff,what this means is that to make calls and send texts you will need to have the phone with you.

Here is the difference;

GPS ONLY

Apple Watch (GPS only) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) has all the same features, as well as built-in cellular. It gives you the freedom to send and receive text messages, answer phone calls, receive notifications, and stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts — even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.

Will Apple Watch 6 series work with giffgaff phone carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.