Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Contacts file didn't migrate to my new MacBook OS Catalina. Old MacBook OS X El Capitan

When I migrated my info from my old MacBook OS X El Capitan to my new MacBook OS Catalina, the Contacts file or files didn't migrate. I don't have any contacts. How to I get them?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 6:34 PM

You could connect both Macs to iCloud and set each (in System Preferences) for Contacts in iCloud. This will reproduce your Contacts from the El Capitan Mac over to the new one. (If you do this, be sure to log out of iCloud and log out of your Apple ID on the old Mac if you are selling it or getting rid of it.)

If that is not to your liking, you can Export the Contacts from your old Mac (there should be several options) and then try to import them on your new Mac from the files created from the export.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 6:34 PM in response to Shibara

You could connect both Macs to iCloud and set each (in System Preferences) for Contacts in iCloud. This will reproduce your Contacts from the El Capitan Mac over to the new one. (If you do this, be sure to log out of iCloud and log out of your Apple ID on the old Mac if you are selling it or getting rid of it.)

If that is not to your liking, you can Export the Contacts from your old Mac (there should be several options) and then try to import them on your new Mac from the files created from the export.

My Contacts file didn't migrate to my new MacBook OS Catalina. Old MacBook OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.