Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage - images won’t load

is anyone else having issues with their images/GIFs loading in messages???? This crap started all of a couple of days. Happening on and off. So irritating!! I’ve turned my phone off and on several times.

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:07 AM

kmcnairw,

Thanks for the update. Given that things work as expected on cellular, and are only occurring while connected to your Wi-Fi network, this seems to indicate the issue is isolated to your Wi-Fi network. Hopefully swapping out the modem resolves the issue for you, but if not, we'd suggest continuing to work with your internet service provider from here.

Have a great rest of your day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 8:07 AM in response to kmcnairw

kmcnairw,

Thanks for the update. Given that things work as expected on cellular, and are only occurring while connected to your Wi-Fi network, this seems to indicate the issue is isolated to your Wi-Fi network. Hopefully swapping out the modem resolves the issue for you, but if not, we'd suggest continuing to work with your internet service provider from here.

Have a great rest of your day!

Feb 9, 2021 3:16 PM in response to kmcnairw

Hey kmcnairw,

Sounds like you're having issues with images and GIFs loading in Messages. We'll be happy to help.

To get started, we'd like to gather some more details to help us better understand what's going on and begin isolating the issue a bit further. To clarify are you having any network issues within any other apps? Have you tested things out both on Wi-Fi and cellular? If so, does the issue persist on both networks? Is this happening with all contacts you're currently messaging or is this only happening with one in particular?

Given that you've already restarted with the issue persisting, we hope to use these details to narrow the issue a bit further.

We look forward to your response.

Take care!

Feb 9, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Eric--F

Hello Eric!

First, I’m so excited for receiving a response!! Thank you!!!

Quite funny that you are saying this! I just had a new modem delivered today that I need to switch out the old one with. I just tried loading images on WiFi & they wouldn’t load. As soon as I came off WiFi, they loaded!! It’s happening with all contacts. We are having network issues, hence the new modem. Hopefully, changing out the modem will solve everything !

iMessage - images won’t load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.