Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase Macintosh hd

Hi. I want to clean install my MacBook Pro 2014 on disk utility and i cant erase my hdd. When I put the Erase button nothing happened

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 4:17 AM

One can not Erase the macOS while it is operating. This document will help. Strongly suggest before attempting , make a Time Machine Backup AND Create a Bootable Installer of the version of macOS the computer is compatible with. One does not what to have a computer without any macOS on it and then try finding the way to reinstall.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 4:17 AM in response to mmgol

One can not Erase the macOS while it is operating. This document will help. Strongly suggest before attempting , make a Time Machine Backup AND Create a Bootable Installer of the version of macOS the computer is compatible with. One does not what to have a computer without any macOS on it and then try finding the way to reinstall.

Erase Macintosh hd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.