Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to 12.9 inch

Hi, i just have a question about the ipad pro. I currently have the 11 inch one and I’m planning on upgrading to the 12.9 inch, is it possible to upgrade without trading it in? I find the trade in credit too low so i was wondering if there are any other ways to upgrade without the trade in option.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 6:33 AM

Yes - it’s called purchase of a new iPad.

Your existing iPad hardware cannot be changed or “upgraded”; its hardware configuration is fixed for the functional life of the device.

You alternative strategies are to trade-in (accepting that trade-in values are never as high as you’d like them to be) or sell privately - where you may achieve a higher residual value.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 6:33 AM in response to jameer68

Yes - it’s called purchase of a new iPad.

Your existing iPad hardware cannot be changed or “upgraded”; its hardware configuration is fixed for the functional life of the device.

You alternative strategies are to trade-in (accepting that trade-in values are never as high as you’d like them to be) or sell privately - where you may achieve a higher residual value.

Upgrading to 12.9 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.