Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find safari browing history using screen time or icloud of a child device?

How to find safari browing history using screen time or icloud of a child device?

Can anyone please guide with the navigation? Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:46 AM

There is no way to remotely access the browsing history of a phone, unless you have a device that shares the same Apple ID as the child’s phone and both devices sync browsing history to iCloud. However, using screen time you can restrict access to sites in the Safari browser (but not other browsers if they are installed on the phone).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 7:46 AM in response to brightpuppy

There is no way to remotely access the browsing history of a phone, unless you have a device that shares the same Apple ID as the child’s phone and both devices sync browsing history to iCloud. However, using screen time you can restrict access to sites in the Safari browser (but not other browsers if they are installed on the phone).

Feb 8, 2021 7:57 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks Lawrence Finch for your rapid response.

I originally had that device under my same apple id. But per suggestions from the members, I created a separate apple id for my child and assigned it to that device to perform Family Sharing Controls via Screen Time.

Now screen time shows that there is a lot of safari usage. How to find out what websites have been browsed by the child? Apologies for the limited context I gave in my original post.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.