Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud and imessages different why

why is icloud different address to imessage

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:10 AM

No, they aren't. Unless you have made it so.

Use the same Apple ID every time you sign-in to use all Apple services like the App Store, iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime.

Where can I use my Apple ID?

You can sign in to all Apple services with a single Apple ID and password.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It contains the email address and password you use to sign in, plus all of the contacts, payment, and security details you use for all Apple services.

Here are some of the most common services that you can access to your Apple ID:

• App Store & Apple Arcade
  • Apple Books
  • Apple Music & Music Purchases
  • Apple News
  • Apple Online Store
  • Apple Pay, Apple Card and Apple Cash 
  • Apple Podcasts
  • Apple Retail Services and Programs (Concierge, Joint Venture, Workshops and Youth Programs)
  • Apple Store App
  • Apple Support Communities
  • AppleTV, Apple TV +, and Apple TV channels
  • FaceTime
  • ShareFamilies
  • Find My
  • Game Center
  • iCloud
  • iMessage
  • iTunes
  • Sign in to Apple

To manage your Apple ID account to your information, go Apple ID accounts page .

This list is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to include all features or services that use Apple ID. Visit for more information  Apple ID support page

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions. 

Apple media services and features may vary by country or region. Find out more about the offers in your country or region

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 11:10 AM in response to bin4all

No, they aren't. Unless you have made it so.

Use the same Apple ID every time you sign-in to use all Apple services like the App Store, iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime.

Where can I use my Apple ID?

You can sign in to all Apple services with a single Apple ID and password.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It contains the email address and password you use to sign in, plus all of the contacts, payment, and security details you use for all Apple services.

Here are some of the most common services that you can access to your Apple ID:

• App Store & Apple Arcade
  • Apple Books
  • Apple Music & Music Purchases
  • Apple News
  • Apple Online Store
  • Apple Pay, Apple Card and Apple Cash 
  • Apple Podcasts
  • Apple Retail Services and Programs (Concierge, Joint Venture, Workshops and Youth Programs)
  • Apple Store App
  • Apple Support Communities
  • AppleTV, Apple TV +, and Apple TV channels
  • FaceTime
  • ShareFamilies
  • Find My
  • Game Center
  • iCloud
  • iMessage
  • iTunes
  • Sign in to Apple

To manage your Apple ID account to your information, go Apple ID accounts page .

This list is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to include all features or services that use Apple ID. Visit for more information  Apple ID support page

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions. 

Apple media services and features may vary by country or region. Find out more about the offers in your country or region

icloud and imessages different why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.