Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my Apple Pay won’t work

Why Apple Pay not working

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:11 AM

You may know the --> Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 9, 2021 5:29 PM in response to ke245

Hello,

I had a similar problem at the checkout recently after migrating to a new iphone. On paying at the shop checkout, Apple Pay would ding and show the tick on my iphone but at the checkout it would decline, yet my physical card would work successfully. After deleting and re-inputing my card back into my iphone, I noticed that the iphone camera did not record the spelling of my name correctly as shown on my card. So I manually entered the missing middle name letter and now my Apple Pay works again.

Before shopping again, back up your iphone first then "Erase all content and settings", then delete your existing card and check every letter and every number that is recorded before the Apple Wallet accepts the card details.

Why my Apple Pay won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.