Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I pair my Apple Watch SE with my iPad Pro?

How do I pair my Apple Watch SE with my iPad Pro? Page 185 of the Apple Watch manual says the Apple Watch can connect to an iPad with iOS 14.3 or later. My iPad has iOS 14.4

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 2:22 PM

At the moment, the Apple Watch is considered an iPhone accessory, and many of the features depend on iPhone support, especially telephone services, including SMS/MMS texting.

Even the cellular mode depends on being able to share the iPhone's phone number, and since the iPad does not have a phone number, a Cellular Apple Watch would not be able to get a phone number to use.

Maybe in a few more Apple Watch generations, the Apple Watch will be a standalone device and not dependent on an iPhone, but that technology is not there yet, or at least not for what Apple want to manufacture.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 2:22 PM in response to Roz357

At the moment, the Apple Watch is considered an iPhone accessory, and many of the features depend on iPhone support, especially telephone services, including SMS/MMS texting.

Even the cellular mode depends on being able to share the iPhone's phone number, and since the iPad does not have a phone number, a Cellular Apple Watch would not be able to get a phone number to use.

Maybe in a few more Apple Watch generations, the Apple Watch will be a standalone device and not dependent on an iPhone, but that technology is not there yet, or at least not for what Apple want to manufacture.

How do I pair my Apple Watch SE with my iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.