Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store

I am new to iPhone. When I try to download an app, it won’t let me. It says I haven’t used my Apple ID in iTunes yet. Why is this necessary? It says to enter my password for Apple ID to review my information, but when I do, it goes right back to the original message about iTunes.

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 3:03 PM

Hi Notimewasted,

We see you're prompted to sign in with your Apple ID in order to download apps, however when attempting to enter your password to do so it loops back to the original message, is that correct?

If so, we'd recommend going to Settings > [your name] and tap on "Media & Purchases". If you're presented with an option to sign out, do so. Then sign back in.

After that, attempt to to download an app from the App Store again and complete the verification process if prompted. If you're still looped back around to the same message, are you prompted to enter payment or billing information during the verification process? If so, you can see how to edit your billing info here:

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Notimewasted

Hi Notimewasted,

We see you're prompted to sign in with your Apple ID in order to download apps, however when attempting to enter your password to do so it loops back to the original message, is that correct?

If so, we'd recommend going to Settings > [your name] and tap on "Media & Purchases". If you're presented with an option to sign out, do so. Then sign back in.

After that, attempt to to download an app from the App Store again and complete the verification process if prompted. If you're still looped back around to the same message, are you prompted to enter payment or billing information during the verification process? If so, you can see how to edit your billing info here:

Cheers!

App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.