Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV remote will turn off my LG TV but will not turn it on

My Apple TV remote will turn off my LG TV but does not turn it on when I turn the Apple TV box on. How do I get the remote to turn on both the Apple TV box and the TV?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 3:22 AM

read Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, especially paying attention to this part:

Make sure that HDMI-CEC is on

If some features don't work, check the following:

1. Make sure that your TV or receiver offers HDMI-CEC support. For help, ask the TV manufacturer or check the manual.
  2. Check that HDMI-CEC is turned on in the menu of your TV or receiver. Use the remote that came with your equipment. Since manufacturers often have different names for HDMI-CEC, look for a setting that ends in "Link" or "Sync." Here are some examples:
  • LG: SimpLink
  • Philips: EasyLink
  • Samsung: Anynet+
  • Sharp: Aquos Link
  • Sony: BRAVIA Sync

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 3:22 AM in response to pstat_sp

read Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, especially paying attention to this part:

Make sure that HDMI-CEC is on

If some features don't work, check the following:

1. Make sure that your TV or receiver offers HDMI-CEC support. For help, ask the TV manufacturer or check the manual.
  2. Check that HDMI-CEC is turned on in the menu of your TV or receiver. Use the remote that came with your equipment. Since manufacturers often have different names for HDMI-CEC, look for a setting that ends in "Link" or "Sync." Here are some examples:
  • LG: SimpLink
  • Philips: EasyLink
  • Samsung: Anynet+
  • Sharp: Aquos Link
  • Sony: BRAVIA Sync

My Apple TV remote will turn off my LG TV but will not turn it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.