Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max battery life?

I am finding the battery life of my AirPods Max much lower than my Sony or Bose ANC headphones. I think the reason is that the Bose and Sony can be easily be turned off, and have a timer to automatically shut off. I never use cases for any of these headphones, but simply take them off and leave them next to me. It appears that the AirPods Max quickly drain power in this state, and there is no way to turn them off. As a result, I find I have to recharge the AirPods much more frequently than the Bose or Sony’s.

Are others having this battery experience?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:54 PM

Just like regular AirPods, there is no way to turn off AirPods Max. The only way they will turn off is if you put them in the case.

Now granted after a while of sitting idle they will go into an “ultra low-power mode” to preserve battery, but that’s about it.

If you don’t put them back in the case every time it’s likely the battery life will be lower than Apple’s claimed 20 hours.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 12:54 PM in response to tecsi12

Just like regular AirPods, there is no way to turn off AirPods Max. The only way they will turn off is if you put them in the case.

Now granted after a while of sitting idle they will go into an “ultra low-power mode” to preserve battery, but that’s about it.

If you don’t put them back in the case every time it’s likely the battery life will be lower than Apple’s claimed 20 hours.

AirPods Max battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.