Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speech Downloader Is Still At It

Speech Downloader is still trying to modify my settings, and of late has been quite frequent (daily). I've read half a dozen threads on this topic, and they all agree that you need to uncheck the "enhanced" voice option reached from Accessibility ... no. I did that literally years ago and it's done nothing. Speech Downloader is still trying to modify my settings. I've never used Siri. Every accessibility option is turned off. I don't use the built in system voices to tell me the time or anything. Lately people are making jokes about the persistence of the car warranty phone spammers. Ha! They've got *nothing* on Speech Downloader. Speech Downloader will be trying to modify my settings until the heat death at the end of the universe. Anyway. Has anything new come up in, like, the last year or two? I should just start a new thread each time I get the popup until the community gets a meaningful answer from Apple and not some community members who are just repeating the last thing (which doesn't work). I'm more amused than bitter, if I sound it, but this is pretty sloppy.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:41 PM

Jeesh, my memory is getting bad, can't remember back a few sentences. :(

I think one or more of these files needs to be deleted then restarted...

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.speech.voice.prefs.plist

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 3:41 PM in response to duckandpenguin

Jeesh, my memory is getting bad, can't remember back a few sentences. :(

I think one or more of these files needs to be deleted then restarted...

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.speech.voice.prefs.plist

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

Speech Downloader Is Still At It

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.