Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini STEREO sound

Is it worth getting a second HomePod mini for stereo sound?

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 5:47 AM

Like turingtest2, I've tested mono homepod and stereo homepods. It's very difficult ton unpair a couple of HomePods after hearing the difference. At start, I bought two homepods for two rooms, at last, i've ordered two mores to have stereo in the both rooms.

9 replies

Feb 9, 2021 5:52 PM in response to Hate-making-user-names

Do you enjoy stereo sound? How much are you prepared to pay for it? Only you can answer the question, you're the one paying.

I've two originals and two minis. They're normally set up as pairs, but I have the flexibility to repurpose should I choose. It was worth the extra cost for me. On their own they sound great, when paired even better.

tt2

Feb 9, 2021 10:54 PM in response to turingtest2

Worth doesn’t just mean monitory value, worth means time, effort, quality.

Yes, I am the only one who can decide if I can afford to pay money for it.

But what I wanted to know from people who have done it: is their personal opinion on if it was worth it, or, that it didn’t change anything at all.

Because why would I want to buy something and find out that it didn’t enhance, that’s a waste of time, effort for no improved quality - Hence is it worth it?

Feb 18, 2021 8:28 AM in response to Hate-making-user-names

I'm not sure about this. You can only really use them as stereo for Apple Music. They sound great, but it's so frustrating that it won't work with other applications - eg. YouTube/Netflix/iPlayer/Tidal etc.

There are some workarounds, but they're a PITA to set up each time.

Maybe Apple will release an update to OSX that makes it work, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mar 2, 2021 3:06 AM in response to Hate-making-user-names

Yes.

I started with one HomePod Mini in the living room. It sounded good, so after a month I purchased a second HomePod Mini and set up the two as a stereo pair. Now it sounds even better, the sound is more distributed within the room. I was previously playing Apple Music through Apple TV 4k to a TV to get stereo music. But now I can use the TV as a computer monitor while Apple Music streams through the stereo pair of HomePod Minis.

More gadgets offers more diverse options, but there is a cost in money, time, and confusion.

HomePod mini STEREO sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.