Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I PURCHASE ONE SONG FROM AN ALBUM

I am trying to purchase one Adele song to add to my Library. The entire iTunes App has changed and there is not even a SEARCH. How can I just buy a song?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 3:09 PM

Hi suepinhb,

Thanks for posting! It's always great to be able to purchase music, and we'd like to help out. It sounds like you're in need of assistance in searching the iTunes Store app.

Are you using a Mac computer, or a different device? This link has the steps on how you can Buy music from the iTunes Store. If you're using a Mac with the Music app, see the steps below:

"Use the Apple Music app on your Mac with macOS Catalina

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. Use the Search bar to find the song or album that you want to buy.
  3. Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner. Don't see the iTunes Store?
  4. Click the price next to the song or album to buy it.
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID and password to complete the purchase. Need help?

After you buy music, you can find it in your music library. 

To download music to listen to offline, find the song or album in your library, then click the Download button .

If you don't see the iTunes Store

In the latest version of macOS, the iTunes Store might be hidden. Here’s how to find it:

2. In the menu bar, choose Music > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab and select iTunes Store.
  4. Click OK."

If you're using a different device, check out the link above for additional steps. Let us know if you have any questions, and have a good one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 3:09 PM in response to suepinhb

Hi suepinhb,

Thanks for posting! It's always great to be able to purchase music, and we'd like to help out. It sounds like you're in need of assistance in searching the iTunes Store app.

Are you using a Mac computer, or a different device? This link has the steps on how you can Buy music from the iTunes Store. If you're using a Mac with the Music app, see the steps below:

"Use the Apple Music app on your Mac with macOS Catalina

2. Use the Search bar to find the song or album that you want to buy.
  3. Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner. Don't see the iTunes Store?
  4. Click the price next to the song or album to buy it.
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID and password to complete the purchase. Need help?

After you buy music, you can find it in your music library. 

To download music to listen to offline, find the song or album in your library, then click the Download button .

If you don't see the iTunes Store

In the latest version of macOS, the iTunes Store might be hidden. Here’s how to find it:

2. In the menu bar, choose Music > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab and select iTunes Store.
  4. Click OK."

If you're using a different device, check out the link above for additional steps. Let us know if you have any questions, and have a good one.

HOW DO I PURCHASE ONE SONG FROM AN ALBUM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.