Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 'Share' and export not working

Hi,

I am using iMovie 10.1.14 on a 10.14.6 Mac desktop, and have finished editing a short 1min 19sec video of some photos for a website montage. I've finished editing the video, and when I go to export this happens;

Nothing comes up and when I click on the 'share' from the three dot icon next to the video, nothing comes up on the menu.

Has this happened to anyone/is there another way I can export the movie so I can upload it to a website?

Thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:47 PM

A corrupt preference often causes sharing problems. Try deleting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences from the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out.

— Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 9:47 PM in response to elizap1

A corrupt preference often causes sharing problems. Try deleting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences from the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out.

— Rich

iMovie 'Share' and export not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.