Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Roku sound bar and lg tv. How do I get airplay to work from my ipad

9101X,

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:47 PM

If you own a newer iPad model that can run either iOS 12 or iPadOS, your iOS devices have the recent AirPlay 2..

You start by making sure your Roku device is running the most recent firmware.

From the Roku Menu on your Roku device, go to Settings > System > System Update and check the RokuOS software version.

It is currently RokuOS 9.4.0, Build number 4200.

RokuOS 9.4 has added Apple AirPlay 2 compatibility.

Make sure all of your devices are using the same WiFi network.

If this all looks good.

Go back to your iPad, bring up the iPadOS Control Panel from your iPad's Home Screen by swiping a finger downward from the top, upper right-hand corner of the iPad's screen

Tap the “Screen Mirroring” icon/button ( it actually says “Screen Mirroring” on this button ).

A pop-up list of AirPlay devices should appear.

Tap the applicable AirPlay device. Your Roku device should be in this list.

AirPlay should now become active on your Roku device and should show you the AirPlay screen,on your TV and pop up a 4 character numeric code number should, also, appear on your TV screen.

At the same time a text box should pop up and appear on your iPad.

Type the 4 character numeric code you see on your TV into the text box on your iPad and this should start the wireless AirPlay mirroring of your iPad to your Roku device/TV.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 11:47 PM in response to Skooter1920

If you own a newer iPad model that can run either iOS 12 or iPadOS, your iOS devices have the recent AirPlay 2..

You start by making sure your Roku device is running the most recent firmware.

From the Roku Menu on your Roku device, go to Settings > System > System Update and check the RokuOS software version.

It is currently RokuOS 9.4.0, Build number 4200.

RokuOS 9.4 has added Apple AirPlay 2 compatibility.

Make sure all of your devices are using the same WiFi network.

If this all looks good.

Go back to your iPad, bring up the iPadOS Control Panel from your iPad's Home Screen by swiping a finger downward from the top, upper right-hand corner of the iPad's screen

Tap the “Screen Mirroring” icon/button ( it actually says “Screen Mirroring” on this button ).

A pop-up list of AirPlay devices should appear.

Tap the applicable AirPlay device. Your Roku device should be in this list.

AirPlay should now become active on your Roku device and should show you the AirPlay screen,on your TV and pop up a 4 character numeric code number should, also, appear on your TV screen.

At the same time a text box should pop up and appear on your iPad.

Type the 4 character numeric code you see on your TV into the text box on your iPad and this should start the wireless AirPlay mirroring of your iPad to your Roku device/TV.

Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.