Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update

I’m being ask to update my safari. Why

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 7:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2021 10:13 AM in response to maria3324616

I assume that you are getting a message for this from a web site. As to your question, Safari, being installed as part of the operating system, normally it cannot be individually upgraded. it is periodically updated when the computer's operating system is updated or upgraded. This is not an unusual complaint. Web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers and specific versions of them. For some reason, they often choose to not be compliant with Safari. This is not an Apple problem as Apple has no control over the millions of web sites on the internet. You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can use another browser that does work, such as Firefox or Chrome. If you do update your operating system and also get a Safari update, there is no guarantee that it will work until you try it.

Safari update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.