Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 sound problem

My iphone12 is slowly going down on the volume on incoming calls on speaker and causing me to miss calls. Also when I press connect on incoming call it just rings once then goes off with a hit and miss. Volume on new started on 85db on speaker phone but it's now down to 60db. All settings checked. Brian.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:18 AM

With the iPhone 12, if your phone rings, once the phone realizes that you are paying attention to the phone (looking at it directly), the ring sound volume will automatically decrease. This is a feature of Face ID. If you go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode, enter that and turn off Attention Aware Features. When you turn that off, the volume for the ringer will not automatically decrease when you look at the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 11:18 AM in response to brian61uk

With the iPhone 12, if your phone rings, once the phone realizes that you are paying attention to the phone (looking at it directly), the ring sound volume will automatically decrease. This is a feature of Face ID. If you go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode, enter that and turn off Attention Aware Features. When you turn that off, the volume for the ringer will not automatically decrease when you look at the phone.

Iphone12 sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.