Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recordings that fail to save still use up storage on my iPad.

I was using the screen recording feature while playing a game, and I was notified that my iPad had ran out of storage. The recording stopped and I was notified that it had “failed to record.” When I looked at my storage I had all of the storage consumed by the recording had not been freed up, even with the video not being saved. Is there any way to find and delete it or is the storage space null and void? The recording is nowhere to be found. Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 7:19 PM

Hi there SWAGGERBROS50,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you were making a screen recording that failed, but your storage for the recording was not freed. Does this issue get resolved if you restart your iPad? What about if you try to install or record some other content? A lot of times these temporary are cleared automatically as your iPhone needs storage. This article may help: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 7:19 PM in response to SWAGGERBROS50

Hi there SWAGGERBROS50,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you were making a screen recording that failed, but your storage for the recording was not freed. Does this issue get resolved if you restart your iPad? What about if you try to install or record some other content? A lot of times these temporary are cleared automatically as your iPhone needs storage. This article may help: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

We hope this helps!

Screen recordings that fail to save still use up storage on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.