Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My card in the contacts app

Hi, I would like to know what is the point of having ‘my card’ in the contacts app? What can I use it for? What is the point? Is it for some emergency situation? Or just a quick way to send someone your info? Is that the primary reason? Because I don’t seem to completely understand why I would need a contact of myself !? maybe there’s some thing I’m not seeing, I would appreciate some feedback, thank you

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:21 PM

Your contact card is used -

• During Filling out your address in Safari - AutoFill
  • Siri and the Maps app uses it to determine your home address
  • Siri will use it to determine relationships if you have those setup in your contact card
  • Shipping address is pulled from it when you have made a purchase

There are many other reasons as well. Above are just to name a few.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 11:21 PM in response to Phoenixin

Your contact card is used -

• During Filling out your address in Safari - AutoFill
  • Siri and the Maps app uses it to determine your home address
  • Siri will use it to determine relationships if you have those setup in your contact card
  • Shipping address is pulled from it when you have made a purchase

There are many other reasons as well. Above are just to name a few.

Axel F.

My card in the contacts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.