Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Air Bending

Hi,

I have recently noticed my Ipad Air bending and progressively getting worse. Note this is only on one side and the rest of the Ipad is still in working order.

The Ipad is only 6 months old, and has not been taken out the house.

As you can see below it even looks worse on the image sent back from Apple service centre, who say this is accidental damage...I refuse to accept this!

HELP!

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 2:45 AM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2021 3:19 AM in response to MissyVinny98

You are going to have to plead your case heavily to prove that this iPad bending is a manufacturing issue/defect.

iPads can get bent from getting heated up from intensive use, mishandling.

If this iPad has not been in any protective case, it can be vulnerable to any type of user abuse.

Also, if you sent this in to Apple for a repair, and you didn't take photos/images of this iPad prior to shipping, there is no way to prove if this bending damage happen prior or during/after shipping.

I suggest you contact Apple directly via the support link at the top right hand corner of every support page and plead your case directly with Apple.

See what they will, or won’t, do for your iPad damage.

Good Luck to You!

Ipad Air Bending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.