Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem to open dokument.

Hi. I have dokument in my old mac with snow leopard and made in pages, I now have catalina 10.15.7 in a ten year old mac pro laptop. I can’t open the old dokument, what progr@m do I need to make it work. Best regards Kenneth

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Recent versions of Pages and this includes v10.3.2 through v10.3.9 on Catalina have a notion of unsupported hardware models. So even if you are running a current version of Pages, the age of the hardware will take precedent and block Pages from opening the document. A ten-year-old Mac certainly qualifies as unsupported hardware, and certainly appears on Apple's worldwide vintage and obsolete product list.

I would still think that a Pages '08 or Pages '09 document should still open on your aging Mac hardware, provided that the document did not contain features of those Pages applications that are not implemented in the later Pages versions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 9:09 AM in response to pianoberntsson

Recent versions of Pages and this includes v10.3.2 through v10.3.9 on Catalina have a notion of unsupported hardware models. So even if you are running a current version of Pages, the age of the hardware will take precedent and block Pages from opening the document. A ten-year-old Mac certainly qualifies as unsupported hardware, and certainly appears on Apple's worldwide vintage and obsolete product list.

I would still think that a Pages '08 or Pages '09 document should still open on your aging Mac hardware, provided that the document did not contain features of those Pages applications that are not implemented in the later Pages versions.

Problem to open dokument.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.