Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting worksheets in Numbers

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if one can delete multiple worksheets at once like you can do with columns and / or rows? I would be very happy with some advice ...

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 6:30 PM

But you do.

I'm assuming that each Sheet contains a copy of this table.

There are several text values that will remain the same on all copies:

In row 2, the values in all of the green-filled cells are likely fixed, and the values in columns B, N, V and AB appear to be calculated with a formula that does not change from this use to the next.

B3 and H3 are fixed, and F3 and L3 are calculated, again by a fixed formula.

In the data portion of the table (rows 4 and below), colour fill in columns B, C, J and K (and similar pairs to the right) could be controlled by a fixed set of conditional highlighting rules for the cells in each column.

A formula referencing cell B2 on the table in the previous sheet could place the date in all tables but the first.

That's true for any other value that is used as a starting value on the next table.

Regards,

Barry

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 6:30 PM in response to retepremospo

But you do.

I'm assuming that each Sheet contains a copy of this table.

There are several text values that will remain the same on all copies:

In row 2, the values in all of the green-filled cells are likely fixed, and the values in columns B, N, V and AB appear to be calculated with a formula that does not change from this use to the next.

B3 and H3 are fixed, and F3 and L3 are calculated, again by a fixed formula.

In the data portion of the table (rows 4 and below), colour fill in columns B, C, J and K (and similar pairs to the right) could be controlled by a fixed set of conditional highlighting rules for the cells in each column.

A formula referencing cell B2 on the table in the previous sheet could place the date in all tables but the first.

That's true for any other value that is used as a starting value on the next table.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 11, 2021 5:42 AM in response to retepremospo

If "worksheet" = Numbers tables within the same sheet then you can. Click on the first table to select it then command-click on the others to select them then Delete.

If "worksheet" = Numbers sheet, I do not know of a way to delete multiple sheets. I also do not know of a way to delete multiple tables if they are on different sheets.

Feb 11, 2021 1:12 PM in response to retepremospo

"And it is about Numbers sheet... So no solution yet... "

As the first step in deleting something is to select that something, there won't be a solution until it's possible to select more than one sheet at a time.

Currently, clicking on a Sheet's tab selects that sheet and brings it to the front.

Control-click (or Right click) on another tab does not add that tab's Sheet to the selection, but causes the same action as a (left) click—dropping the selected one, selecting the one shift-clicked on and bringing the newly selected one to the front.

Shift-click on another tab does not add that tab's Sheet and the Sheets of all tabs between the selected one and the clicked on one to the selection, but causes the same action as a (left) click—dropping the selected one, selecting the one shift-clicked on and bringing the newly selected one to the front,

Clicking on a tab, then dragging right to expand the selection (as done with column reference tabs) does not select multiple sheets. It moves the tab to a different position in the list of tabs across the top of the table.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 11, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Barry

That's what I thought ... But I switched from an android laptop to a mac. In Excel on Android you can do that ... For me that was handy because I had a sheet with 31 tabs (31 days). When a new month started I wanted to reuse the existing file but restarting from tab 1 (the others: 2 to 31) must then be deleted. I hope you understand. Now I know I have to delete the tabs one by one ... Anyway: thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate that!

Bye !!!

Feb 11, 2021 3:03 PM in response to retepremospo

Looking ahead…

When you 'restart from tab 1, what is on that sheet?

What content is there in the table (or tables on that sheet?

Do you immediately create the rest of the sheets? How do you do that?

What I'm looking for (or suggesting you look for) is a means of creating a 31 day document containing only the 'fixed' values and formulas to create the values that depend on only those entered fixed values.

Once you have that base document constructed, Save it as a template. Then use that template at the beginning of each month in place of dumping the last 30 sheets of your 31 sheet document.

Greater detail in the instructions depends on the structure of your document.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 12, 2021 2:38 PM in response to retepremospo

" a new month started I wanted to reuse the existing file but restarting from tab 1 (the others: 2 to 31) must then be deleted."

"I've never worked with templates before..."

So let's back up to your starting point, and see if it can be made less complicated (and still save you some work, starting next month).

Today is the 12th of February. what is the current state of your document?

Does it have all 31 sheets (or all 28 sheets, considering this is February)?

If so, what are the differences today between Sheet 17 (for next Wednesday) and Sheet 18 (for next Thursday)

If it has only the sheets that have been used up to today, what do you do to add the sheet for tomorrow?

If it has the sheets for Feb 1 to Feb 12 plus a sheet with the empty table ready for tomorrow, but does not yet have a sheet for each day until the end of the month, what do you do to add another ready to use sheet?

Regards,

Barry

Deleting worksheets in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.