Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move from iTunes to Apple Music?

Hi

I currently have my music on iTunes. This includes music files and cd’s ripped to pc then iTunes.

if I move from iTunes to Apple Music will I be able to continue to play my own music files and CDs that have been ripped to my PC, on my iPhone and iPad as I normally do using Apple Music?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:20 PM

Hi

Thank you so much for your help it’s enabled me to make my decision on what to do next.

I think I’ll have to replace my old laptop pc with a new one. I was hoping to be able to get rid of my pc and go all apple. For the present I think that seems like it could cause me problems.

Thank you again for your valuable assistance.

Kind regards Kev.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 11:20 PM in response to javaliga

Hi

Thank you so much for your help it’s enabled me to make my decision on what to do next.

I think I’ll have to replace my old laptop pc with a new one. I was hoping to be able to get rid of my pc and go all apple. For the present I think that seems like it could cause me problems.

Thank you again for your valuable assistance.

Kind regards Kev.

Feb 11, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Kevski2

Hi,

Apple music will scan your library to determine what songs will be matched or uploaded. The music on your computer will not be altered but you will now access music from Apple Music servers.

You will access matched or uploaded music using iCloud music library on your iPad and iPhone.

Use iCloud Music Library on PC - Apple Support

Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC – Apple Support

Jim

Move from iTunes to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.